Designed and developed a number of commercial websites, some in Dot Net but predominately in WordPress because of the speed of development and ease of customization that it offers. Many of the sites include product catalogs and payment gateways, and two-way links to popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Provide training and support to enable customer to load and maintain their data. Provide tools and training and ongoing support in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to help them score high on search results. Developed a number of specialized themes and plugins.
Continuing to providing hosting, health monitoring, traffic analytics and ongoing technical support and maintenance services for each of the sites.
Providing on-call technical support and routine maintenance and for their server environment. Acting in a DBA role for their Sql Server and providing support for the development team by redesigning quires and stored procedures for performance improvements. Redesigned data import stored procedures and reduced processing time from 48 hours to 14 minutes.
- Investigated and developed key performance improvements.
- Carried out a capacity planning analysis and recommendation for site upgrades.
- Defined DBA role.
- Developed a work plan and instructions for database versioning by the development team.
- Constructed a number of DBA scripts to maintain database performance.
- Investigated and made recommendations for re-architecting their main product into separate customer databases.
- Defined a Server Upgrade Proposal and carried out the installation
- Defined and carried out the migration of their product to Sql Server 2012
- Redefined database architecture to separate customer data into separate databases.
- Defined a Backup Strategy that included offsite to Amazon Glacier Storage.
- Defined a process for database versioning, source control and automated builds and developed working procedures for development team.
Developed a major social network website to allow members to interact with each other based on activities that they can enjoy together. Also constructed server-side processes to search the internet and build a database of websites about activities and events. Developed screen scraper tools to extract event based information from the websites. Developed services to interact with Google, Facebook and Twitter. Developed an IPhone application to synchronize a personal calendar.
Backend developer on a project to redesign and migrate a large-scale (5 million user) commercial E-commerce website to the Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 platform for Brown Shoes (www.shoes.com). Constructed enormous set of database migration stored procedures. Rewrote Web Service stored procedures to improve query and update processing.
Developed a series of administration pages for managing the Mint’s Gold Bullion website.
Developed a number of additional webpages for the Department’s Major Projects Website.
Provided back end technical support and modifications to the Wanted Person Facial Biometrics System in operation at the main airport in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Constructed a dashboard Website to monitor the system.