Gathered requirements and prepared a conceptual design document for the CANPASS Telephone Reporting Centre border crossing program for RCCE/Customs. The system included research into Computer to Telephone Integration (CTI) and Integrated Voice response (IVRS).
Defined the functional requirements in Enterprise Architect and a logical data model in ER-Win for a permanent voters register at Elections Canada. Requirements modeling included interfacing with external data providers, such as provincial health insurance, drivers license and Stats Canada for determining voter address changes.
Led a team of analysts and programmers through the development of a large-scale voter registration system for the Government of Jamaica. The system captures voter information from scanned forms and over-the-counter services and produces Voter Identification Cards and official voters lists. The capture, processing and storage of digital biometrics such as scanned 10-print rolled fingerprints, livescan fingerprint comparison, photographs, and signatures were a particular challenge of this project.
Responsible for all database development in Sybase System 11 which included about 300Gb of data, 600 stored procedures, and the construction of a proprietary replication engine that installs as an NT service and uses a large modem-pool to maintain synchronization between the central site database and 65 remote databases scattered throughout the country. The team also constructed a 60-screen, PowerBuilder program that managed the registration process, and maintained voter data.
Defined Use Case models, Interaction diagrams and object analysis models in Rational Rose. Documented requirements from interviewing business clients. Maintained compliance with contractual requirements in Requisite Pro. Defined logical and physical model in ER-Win. Defined test plans in SQA Teamtest. Constructed stored procedures, and built a stored procedure generator to feed replication service.
Investigated production problems resulting from mistakes made by the prime contractor and prepared a briefing to executives. Maintained software problem tracking.
Constructed load and stress testing tools in stored procedures and DOS, to test critical components of the system such as database replication, and transaction processing. Constructed database administrator utilities in C++, DOS batch, and in stored procedures and using Sybase’s Bulk Copy (BCP) and ISQL utilities to automate the setup and upgrade of production databases and migration of system objects from integration test database. Found a means to encrypt stored procedures. Carried out performance tuning, by analyzing show plans and optimizing stored procedures.
>Defined a requirements model in UML using Rational Rose 98 for a real property sourcing system at PW/GSC Real Property Systems.
Gathered requirements by interviewing business clients at regional offices across Canada. Carried out a series of Joint Application Requirements sessions with business clients at several stages. Published Rose models in MS Office suite.
Constructed a working prototype in Powerbuilder 7.
Carried out the elaboration phase for the redesign of the AIMIS document tracking system using Rational`s Unified Process (UML, RUP) and the Rational Suite.
Produced the Software Architecture Document from Activity diagrams, Interaction Diagrams, Stakeholder requests from business clients, Use Case Model and Supplementary specifications in Requisite Pro.
Elaborated the use cases using interaction diagrams, activity and state transition diagrams to define the class domain model. Developed a user interface prototype in Powerbuilder.
Produced the Software Architecture Document containing Activity diagrams and Business use cases of the overall process, Stakeholder requests from business clients, Use Case Model and Supplementary specifications.
Prepared technical requirements specifications as principal author for AMPS, EPPS, and G7.
Facilitated JRP and JAD sessions for gathering and confirming business and technical requirements.
Provided design documents to the interdepartmental working committee on data sharing, between CCRA and Immigration.
Carried out the elaboration phase for the redesign of the AMPS monetary penalty system using Rational`s Unified Process (UML, RUP) and the Rational Suite. Elaborated the use cases using interaction diagrams, activity and state transition diagrams to define the class analysis model. Developed the class design model for web-based software architecture on a Weblogic platform.
Provided UML and Rational mentoring support to members of the build teams and carried out design reviews of their detail design documentation.
Developed and presented the conceptual design to the management committee for project initiation approval.
Participated in the preparation of technical requirements for a RFP for sourcing a vendor to provide digital biometrics and integration site services.
Software architect for the Integrated Customs Systems (ICS), assisted in the definition of user requirements and was responsible for the conceptual design and Software Architecture Documents of the Expedited Passenger Processing System (EPPS) and the joint Canada-US Nexus (highway) border crossing programs for travellers.
- Provided UML and Rational mentoring support to members of the build teams and carried out design reviews of their detail design documentation.
- Prepared technical requirements specifications as principal author for EPPS, Nexus and Global Enrolment Business Use Cases and Conceptual Design Documents.
- Facilitated JRP and JAD sessions for gathering and confirming business and technical requirements.
- Participated in the preparation of technical requirements for RFP for sourcing vendor to provide digital biometrics and integration site services.
Developed a collection of systems for CryptoMetrics (Biodentity) that incorporated facial and fingerprint recognition technology into a variety of commercial and public applications. The work involved a wide range of technology from the development of low-level camera interfaces to extract facial images; manipulating the images to improve the generation of facial biometric templates; and matching the facial images against other facial images using commercial matching engines.
- Area Perimeter System for the US Special Forces (USSOCOM) that integrated cameras at door entry points and hallways. The system extracted facial images from the live video streams and matched against a database to keep track of who was on-site and who had left the premises. The system also had the capability to match against a watch-list and generate alerts;
- Camera control interface that automated the pan, tilt, and zoom operation of a digital camera for the capture of high-quality cropped facial images for a Drivers License Bureau application;
- Demonstration in Powerbuilder 8, of CryptoMetric’s face capture and image processing capabilities for the Canadian Passport Office;
- Trusted Watch application for the Dubai Police Force, which streamed facial images from many cameras back to a central location for matching against a terrorist watch list. The system also demonstrated several aspects of a centralized control over a large number of surveillance cameras such as a dynamic area map (MS MapPoint) showing the location and status of each camera.
- E-Served Hotel application that demonstrated facial recognition being used to recognize valued customers and retrieve customer preferences for a self-service kiosk at hotels;
- MemoriesNow application that is being used on cruise ships and at amusement parks to locate all the photographs that were taken of a particular customer. In the kiosk mode, the customer’s image is taken from a video camera and matched against a database of pictures to produce a personalized photo album which can then be purchased.
- PhotoFind School application that used facial recognition to identify students in school group photos. The application extracted each face in the group photo and matched them against a database of student Photo IDs thereby automatically providing the names of each student in the group photo;
- Access Control system that used video cameras to extract a facial image at door entry points to verify the identity of a person attempting to gain access. The system would either do a one to many search to determine the persons identity or do a one-to-one verification from a card swipe or RFID card read;
- Airline Gate Camera application that encoded the individuals facial biometric template when the boarding pass was issued and then verify the person at the boarding gate to ensure the boarding pass could only be used by the person it was issued to;
- Airline verification kiosk application that verifies that the individual is the passport holder by comparing a live video image with the photo image on the person’s passport, using a passport reader.
Backend developer on a project to redesign and migrate a large-scale (5 million user) commercial E-commerce website to the Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 platform for Brown Shoes (www.shoes.com). Constructed enormous set of database migration stored procedures. Rewrote Web Service stored procedures to improve query and update processing.