Developed a major social network website to allow members to interact with each other based on activities that they can enjoy together. Also constructed server-side processes to search the internet and build a database of websites about activities and events. Developed screen scraper tools to extract event based information from the websites. Developed services to interact with Google, Facebook and Twitter. Developed an IPhone application to synchronize a personal calendar.
Provided start up assistance to the Director of Information Technology Directorate, for managing systems projects. Facilitated Strategic Planning Sessions to examine client needs, strategic goals, organizational structure, and roles and responsibilities. Produced a report on preparing the information systems for the next general election. Carried out Business Process Modeling of elections financing.
Documented user requirements from interviews with business clients and regional representatives from Customs ports. Designed a Powerbuilder 5 client-server system for the CANPASS border crossing program for RCCE/Customs. The system included biometric components such as fingerprint and hand-geometry templates; data replication between distributed databases. Designed the interface to request data from the CPIC, PIRS, and NCIC databases for security clearance of applicants and travelers.
Programmed a PowerBuilder/MS SQL Server component to print identification cards on Datacard Printer, and encrypt and encode information on optical stripe on card back.
Gathered requirements and prepared a conceptual design document for the CANPASS Telephone Reporting Centre border crossing program for RCCE/Customs. The system included research into Computer to Telephone Integration (CTI) and Integrated Voice response (IVRS).
Defined the functional requirements in Enterprise Architect and a logical data model in ER-Win for a permanent voters register at Elections Canada. Requirements modeling included interfacing with external data providers, such as provincial health insurance, drivers license and Stats Canada for determining voter address changes.
>Defined a requirements model in UML using Rational Rose 98 for a real property sourcing system at PW/GSC Real Property Systems.
Gathered requirements by interviewing business clients at regional offices across Canada. Carried out a series of Joint Application Requirements sessions with business clients at several stages. Published Rose models in MS Office suite.
Constructed a working prototype in Powerbuilder 7.
Carried out the elaboration phase for the redesign of the AIMIS document tracking system using Rational`s Unified Process (UML, RUP) and the Rational Suite.
Produced the Software Architecture Document from Activity diagrams, Interaction Diagrams, Stakeholder requests from business clients, Use Case Model and Supplementary specifications in Requisite Pro.
Elaborated the use cases using interaction diagrams, activity and state transition diagrams to define the class domain model. Developed a user interface prototype in Powerbuilder.
Produced the Software Architecture Document containing Activity diagrams and Business use cases of the overall process, Stakeholder requests from business clients, Use Case Model and Supplementary specifications.
Prepared technical requirements specifications as principal author for AMPS, EPPS, and G7.
Facilitated JRP and JAD sessions for gathering and confirming business and technical requirements.
Provided design documents to the interdepartmental working committee on data sharing, between CCRA and Immigration.
Carried out the elaboration phase for the redesign of the AMPS monetary penalty system using Rational`s Unified Process (UML, RUP) and the Rational Suite. Elaborated the use cases using interaction diagrams, activity and state transition diagrams to define the class analysis model. Developed the class design model for web-based software architecture on a Weblogic platform.
Provided UML and Rational mentoring support to members of the build teams and carried out design reviews of their detail design documentation.
Developed and presented the conceptual design to the management committee for project initiation approval.
Participated in the preparation of technical requirements for a RFP for sourcing a vendor to provide digital biometrics and integration site services.
Developed a collection of systems for CryptoMetrics (Biodentity) that incorporated facial and fingerprint recognition technology into a variety of commercial and public applications. The work involved a wide range of technology from the development of low-level camera interfaces to extract facial images; manipulating the images to improve the generation of facial biometric templates; and matching the facial images against other facial images using commercial matching engines.
- Area Perimeter System for the US Special Forces (USSOCOM) that integrated cameras at door entry points and hallways. The system extracted facial images from the live video streams and matched against a database to keep track of who was on-site and who had left the premises. The system also had the capability to match against a watch-list and generate alerts;
- Camera control interface that automated the pan, tilt, and zoom operation of a digital camera for the capture of high-quality cropped facial images for a Drivers License Bureau application;
- Demonstration in Powerbuilder 8, of CryptoMetric’s face capture and image processing capabilities for the Canadian Passport Office;
- Trusted Watch application for the Dubai Police Force, which streamed facial images from many cameras back to a central location for matching against a terrorist watch list. The system also demonstrated several aspects of a centralized control over a large number of surveillance cameras such as a dynamic area map (MS MapPoint) showing the location and status of each camera.
- E-Served Hotel application that demonstrated facial recognition being used to recognize valued customers and retrieve customer preferences for a self-service kiosk at hotels;
- MemoriesNow application that is being used on cruise ships and at amusement parks to locate all the photographs that were taken of a particular customer. In the kiosk mode, the customer’s image is taken from a video camera and matched against a database of pictures to produce a personalized photo album which can then be purchased.
- PhotoFind School application that used facial recognition to identify students in school group photos. The application extracted each face in the group photo and matched them against a database of student Photo IDs thereby automatically providing the names of each student in the group photo;
- Access Control system that used video cameras to extract a facial image at door entry points to verify the identity of a person attempting to gain access. The system would either do a one to many search to determine the persons identity or do a one-to-one verification from a card swipe or RFID card read;
- Airline Gate Camera application that encoded the individuals facial biometric template when the boarding pass was issued and then verify the person at the boarding gate to ensure the boarding pass could only be used by the person it was issued to;
- Airline verification kiosk application that verifies that the individual is the passport holder by comparing a live video image with the photo image on the person’s passport, using a passport reader.