Don Farmer is a Senior Software Engineer specializing in the development of business systems. He has extensive experience in leading and directing teams of senior analysts, programmers and technical consultants and is well versed in the use of formal tools and methodologies for business and information systems engineering.
- Software Engineering / Database Administration
- Business Analyst / Project Management / Management Consultant
Current Availability: June 2018:
Thank you for reviewing my skills and experience profile. I am currently looking for interesting contracts that draw on my extensive experience as a Project Manager, Analyst or Software Engineer.
Recent Work History
- Developed an Angular 2 single page web application and a number of micro services. Written in Typescript using NodeJs (NPM), Gulp, Sass/Less and Karma/Jasmine testing. Used Sublime Text 3 and MS VS Code editors and a Git repository: – database REST service offering up JSON written in Python3 using Alembic and Sql Alchemy against a Postgres database running in separate Docker containers; – Auth REST service … Continue reading Development of Angular 2 single page web app in a Micro Services Architecture »Read More »
- Providing on-call technical support for the organization’s three websites. Made a number of improvements to the server configuration to improve site performance 10 fold and prevented site lockups during peak busy periods. Optimized queries to achieve overall site response to the user’s browser in under 2 seconds. Added Social media links. Setup proper site backup and secondary site for standby. Ongoing and numerous site improvements … Continue reading Provided technical support for a busy organizations’ three websites »Read More »
- Designed and developed a number of commercial websites, some in Dot Net but predominately in WordPress because of the speed of development and ease of customization that it offers. Many of the sites include product catalogs and payment gateways, and two-way links to popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Provide training and support to enable customer to load and maintain their … Continue reading Designed and developed a number of commercial websites »Read More »
- Providing on-call technical support and routine maintenance and for their server environment. Acting in a DBA role for their Sql Server and providing support for the development team by redesigning quires and stored procedures for performance improvements. Redesigned data import stored procedures and reduced processing time from 48 hours to 14 minutes. Investigated and developed key performance improvements. Carried out a capacity planning analysis and … Continue reading Provided technical support for back-end servers »Read More »
- Developed a major social network website to allow members to interact with each other based on activities that they can enjoy together. Also constructed server-side processes to search the internet and build a database of websites about activities and events. Developed screen scraper tools to extract event based information from the websites. Developed services to interact with Google, Facebook and Twitter. Developed an IPhone application … Continue reading Developed a Social Media Website »Read More »